Technology has changed the way businesses communicate with clients, and the legal industry is no different. Attorneys are adapting as clients increasingly prefer to communicate by text or chatbots.
While this new way of communicating is excellent for clients, it could become a nightmare for law firms that do not adequately account for the information sent and received through these channels. If your firm is considering adding text messaging to your client communication, here are three things to consider before starting.
Setup A Text Messaging Policy For Your Firm
While policies for collecting non-email data vary from firm to firm, the system should outline:
- How attorneys and their staff communicate with clients
- How and where to document client information sent and received from clients
- Some policies even cover which specific channels to use for privileged communications, such as research and development, patent and intellectual property firms.
The New Digital Age Client Balancing Act
Keeping your client data secured and being responsive at the same time is a top priority for all businesses. Before integrating a service into your client communication, research what security and encryption feature each service offers.
Defining Your Text Messaging Tone
Unlike the formal and structured format expected in email correspondences, more and more clients expect a casual tone when it comes to text messaging. Law firms should look at services that offer messaging templates that will help keep their messages consistent. Most firms have email templates that can easily be modified for specific text messaging communications such as appointment reminders, client updates, and follow up messages.
Be productive and your streamline client communication
- Access your data online anytime you have an Internet connection and a browser.
- The Jubilee application and database are hosted on the world-class Microsoft™ Azure servers.
- Assign a local phone number to match your firm’s identity.
- Client messages are stored by case, so you don’t lose track of your conversations.
- Include anyone with a text message enabled device or any user in your firm.
- Create templates and schedule text messages.